Anderson Divorce Lawyer
Divorce is not an easy prospect for anyone involved. However, having an experienced Anderson divorce attorney on your side can make the process less stressful.
At Allen and Allen Law Firm, we are committed to providing families in Anderson, South Carolina, and throughout Anderson County and the Upstate with sound legal counsel. Founded in 1988 by Chuck Allen, our firm has a long-standing reputation for providing high-quality legal services.
South Carolina Child Custody and Support Attorney
There are two types of divorce in South Carolina: no-fault divorce and fault-based divorce. In order to file for a no-fault divorce, you and your spouse must have been separated continuously for one year. Fault-based divorces are awarded on grounds of adultery, habitual drunkenness, drug abuse, physical abuse and desertion.
Whether you are filing for a no-fault or a fault-based divorce, we can represent you in every aspect of your divorce, including:
- Child custody: There are two types of child custody in South Carolina: physical and legal custody. We will help you develop a child custody agreement that takes into account the best interests of your child and protects your parental rights. If you and your spouse are unable to come to an agreement, Allen and Allen will vigorously defend your rights in family court.
- Child support: We will guide you through the South Carolina child support guidelines and ensure that the amount you are paying or receiving is fair. If you require a deviation from the guidelines, we will petition the court on your behalf.
- Alimony: The courts consider several factors when awarding alimony, including the length of the marriage and disparity in income between the two parties. We will answer your questions about alimony and help you ensure that the amount you are paying or receiving is fair.
- Division of property: During a divorce, you and your spouse must divide your marital property. We will help you protect your assets and your future.
- Restraining orders: If you have been the victim of domestic violence, we can assist you in obtaining a restraining order.
To learn more about our practice or to schedule a consultation with our lawyer, contact us online or call the firm at 864-226-6184.